Friday, July 13, 2012

Thank you, thank you very much



The very first thing I’m going to say about this post is, my mother will be happy.  Ever since I can remember she has been a stickler on manners.  Whether it was table manners, politeness, or the hated by every child, tween and teen on this planet – the dreaded thank you notes. 

When my brother, sister and I were young we thought my mom was the strictest woman ever when it came to this.  We were never allowed to go play or do anything until our thank you notes were written.  We thought it was so ridiculous at the time but in retrospect, all I can say to my mom is, THANK YOU!

The one thing I hate more than anything in the world are bad manners.  Especially, especially, ESPECIALLY at a formal event such as a wedding.  At the very minimum you should have your napkin in your lap and your mouth should be closed while chewing.  I won’t even get into holding your fork and knife properly.

Alongside perfect wedding etiquette are thank you notes.  Some guests travel cross country to attend your special day, so thank you notes are absolutely mandatory.  Not to mention your day would not be the same without every one you wanted in attendance, nor would your kitchen without the fabulous crock-pot you received, so you need to thank them!

Wedding photography is so huge these days that after the ceremony is the perfect time to snap an adorable shot for a thank you note.  I prefer photographed thank you cards because it is a visual reminder to all of your guests about a month after your wedding of how amazing your day was.  And if the photographer is there snapping away anyways, you might as well put the photos to good use right?

Until next time,
Elise         

                                                   (photo by Weddingbee)

No comments: