Monday, July 23, 2012

Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots


About five years ago I bought my first pair of cowboy boots and it seems like I haven’t been able to take them off since.  My boots are 110% my favorite shoes I have ever owned and definitely money well spent.  They are perfect for any season and are very versatile.  In the fall and winter you can slip them on over your skinny jeans and in the spring and summer they are great with a sundress.  Since they stay in style all year round, they are obviously perfect for any wedding no matter what the season.  

I love both the bride and bridesmaids in cowboy boots.  If you have ever been a bridesmaid or known anyone that has, you know that in the end this can be a very expensive duty.  The least you can do is cut the cost by at least $100 on a pair of shoes that they could very possibly only wear once.  Most girls I know especially the ones living down here in the south already own a pair of boots.  Well, at least all my future bridesmaids do. :)  Having your bridesmaids in their own cowboy boots can also add a bit of flair.  Chances are your girls don’t have the same pair of boots as another and some could also have colored boots, which looks great in photos.

My dream wedding is a fall country chic wedding and the boots add the perfect touch.  My girls and myself will be in boots and mismatched dresses for that little extra mmph.  

Until next time,
Elise

                                                          (photo by lover.ly)
                                                 (photo by Photos by Natalie)
                            (photo by Derek Wayne Lee Photography)     

No comments: