Monday, July 2, 2012

Cupcake Wars


 If my future hubby wants to see me go from 0-Bridezilla in .2 seconds, he could smear cake all over my face at our reception.  This is my number one pet peeve during the cutting of the cake.  Some brides may be down with having their perfectly done make up ruined by cake, but not this girl!

We all know that men can promise over and over that they won’t do something, but in the end they do it because they think it would be “funny” and they “didn’t think you would really get that mad.”  This is definitely one of those instances and I can absolutely see it happening to me.  I have decided that the way I can avoid this awful situation at all costs, no questions asked, is to not even have a cake at my wedding.

Cupcakes are super trendy at weddings right now and I think they are fabulous.  I am sure that the tradition book states somewhere that you should have at least a three-tiered cake at your wedding, and that the DJ or band should stop all the music and dancing to announce that the bride and groom are cutting the cake.  But, as I said in my last post and it still reigns true, times are a changin’. 

Cupcakes will be at my wedding for a few reasons.  The number one reason is stated above, and the second reason is that cupcakes are more convenient.  You don’t need a plate and a fork for a cupcake and you can take them at your leisure.  The DJ does not need to make an announcement for guests to take a cupcake, as he would for a cake.  I have been to weddings where there is just a cake and no cupcakes, and also weddings where there are only cupcakes, and I have observed that guests tend to eat more cupcakes than they do cake.  After all, the goal is for the guests to eat the dessert right?  Leftover cake will not be making the flight to the honeymoon! 

Until next time,
Elise 

                                               (photo by FairCake)

No comments: