Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Save the Date


Face-book [feys-book]
trademark

1.  Social-networking website created in 2004
2.  The single most depressing or exciting social media site on the Internet

Facebook can be depressing if you log on every day, as I do, and you see that another one of your old childhood friends is engaged.  As you sit with their engagement on your screen staring at you as hard as it possibly can, your ever so single mind starts to wonder…maybe I will be invited to their wedding…that’s when it turns exciting.

Shortly after you receive news of the engagement you start checking the mail daily to see if you were lucky enough to make the cut, and hope that your save the date will be sitting in your mailbox when you return home from work.

I am trying to understand my obsession with save the dates, but I cannot put an exact finger on it.  My best guess is that it is the first impression (other than blowing up everyone’s Facebook mini-feed) your guests will receive of your big day.  Save the dates can really set the mood and theme of your wedding day.  Below are some of my favorites. 

The “tie the knot” save the date struck my attention because it is so clever and I have never seen anything like it before, and I’m sure your guests haven’t either.  The second one is adorable because the groom was compliant in having a photo shoot.  It is cute they wore football jerseys because we all know that was probably his idea! I love the third one because she is wearing cowboy boots and that is my favorite shoe of all time, and it sets the tone that this will probably be a country chic wedding.     

P.S. An easy way to kill two birds with one stone, and to keep your hubby happy with only one photo shoot, would be to hold off on the engagement photos until you pick the date of your wedding and have the photographer take a save the date shot as well.

Until next time,
Elise  

                                                    (photo by More Design Please)
                                                       (photo by The Minimalist)
                                       (photo by Wedding Chicks)

No comments: