Monday, February 23, 2009

Take A Load Off, Annie.




I am kind of a couch potato at times! It's embarrassing to admit, and I wish that I could say I am someone who "just can't sit down" and "has to be doing something at all times" and gets "antsy lounging around watching 90210 re-runs"...but that's not me. At least not in general. I love a good sofa/couch/love seat, and love even more having a few quiet moments to really sink into it by myself, or to share it with a good book, my dog, my hubbie, or my new boyfriend, DVR.

The very popular trend of including lounge furniture at wedding receptions and events of all kinds leads me to believe that I am not the only Lazy Lucy around! Who doesn't like to kick up their heels (or kick off their painful, new heels, ouch!) and enjoy a cocktail while chatting with an old friend (or new flame) and watching people get crazy (or silly, or sentimental) on the dance floor. Sitting somewhere comfortable and soaking in the atmosphere of the wedding or event you are attending is a natural tendency and desire. The thing is, party-goers didn't even realize how much the lounge was something they did desire until it became fairly ubiquitous. Now it is very nearly a must have.

Your wedding guests will love these unusual seating options for meals that only require small plates that can easily rest on their laps (and that require only a salad fork and no knife to consume), or for later in the evening after an elegant, served meal when all they want to do is watch your mom's eccentric college roommate break out her rusty (but passionate) Hustle moves from 1976 to the band's best version of "Hot In Here". Awkward, yes, but fun to watch from a fabulous couch or ottoman on the side lines!

Here are a few ideas for you. You can see how well a lounge area can fit into a tent devoted just to dancing, the corner of a gorgeous indoor venue, or off to the side of a more formal affair. Depending on your style, you can keep it sleek or add lots of pillows. For something more sultry, why not get a great throw rug, forgo the sofas, and put pillows straight down on the rug? That might become a midsummer night beneath the stars as unforgettable for another couple as for the bride and groom.

Lounge it up!























No comments: