Thursday, February 12, 2009

Be&D Mine


I'm giddy on the heels of hosting my first private sale of gorgeous, luxe handbags, belts and shoes by the design team of Be&D at my husband's place, Six Plates Wine Bar in Durham (http://www.sixplates.com/). Besides being insanely talented designers, Be&D also happen to be two of my favorite people I know. Each piece they create is handmade in their New York City atelier out of the highest quality Italian leather they've found. I've heard plenty of people (who know better than even I do) comment that the quality is far superior to other more well known luxury brands.
The thing I love about this line is that there is something for every type of woman, no matter her age or personal style. And the bags and shoes are all so different that even if there is a room full of people wearing them, no two look the same. Certainly there are design elements that sometimes carry over so you can tell it's a Be&D (they're famous for bold hardware) but in general, you feel like an individual with your piece. They're a little bit flashy, a lot luxurious, and always stand out. Looking at a sea of them at the sale we hosted was like coming across a blanket of gems that washed ashore; I wanted to bend down to inspect every last one of them. If only my pockets were deep enough to carry them all home!
It's no wonder that two such interesting and complex individuals came up with a line that has so many personalities. I personally have one for every mood, in large part thanks for my dear friend "D". The clutches in the photo here are fabulous for an evening out or just for running to get coffee, but especially make the perfect accessory to your fabulous rehearsal dinner dress (which then will do double-duty on your honeymoon, believe me).
Be&D also has some beautiful options for bridal handbags: lots of white leather, white patent, big bows, ruffles, and all things bridal and feminine. Alternatively, you can bring out the Carrie Bradshaw in you and carry one in hot pink or Peacock Blue, the definite "IT" color in weddings this season.
Enjoy perusing the fruits of my friends' labor. I love them, I love their bags, and I hope you will too. Boys, thank you for trusting me enough to send your precious gems down South! We're all still buzzing about our new acquisitions.


For Valentine's Day AND your Big Day!

No comments: