Friday, June 15, 2012

The Zig to my Zag


My chevron stripe obsession started about two months ago when I was satisfying my shopping addiction in the trendy boutiques of Cameron Village.  I saw the perfect black and ivory striped long-sleeved dress paired with a chunky turquoise necklace.  I knew immediately I had to have that dress, AND the necklace for that matter.  My love for the stripes didn’t end there.

There is no better word to describe our beloved chevron stripes right now other than “IN.”  Incorporating chevron stripes can put a modern twist on a classic summer wedding.  The ideas for using chevron are endless, but I would recommend using them sparingly since it is one of the boldest looks you can go for. 

If I were getting married tomorrow (taking deep breaths…), I would have sent out chevron save the dates and invitations to ensure my guests are excited for my summer wedding.  To keep the chevron theme in tact, I would have chosen either chevron table runners or napkins for the perfect pop of classy color.  With a sweet tooth as large as mine, I hope you didn’t think I forgot about dessert.  I would top it all off with this cake.  How fabulous is it?!

(Photo creds - yep, you guessed it, Pinterest)

Until next time,
Elise



    

No comments: